Everyone loves food. Looking at it. Smelling it. Taking pictures of it. Making it. Eating it. And of course, talking about it!
Enjoy these food quotes that remind us that life is short, so eat great food. My personal favorite is the funny and famous quote from Julia Child (#40 in the list).
These sweet, simple, and inspirational thoughts are perfect for sharing with friends, family, and the ones you love.
60 Food Quotes That will Get you Thinking … and Hungry!
This list of funny and thoughtful food quotes is really the best and provides some good food for thought for all types of thinkers. From healthy food sayings to famous food quotes, any foodie is sure to find something enjoyable here.
Table of Contents
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: FOODIE QUOTES THAT WILL GET YOU THINKING
Ever read a quote and realize how connected you felt to it? These foodie quotes will definitely have you thinking about things differently, and they are just nice to read!
1. “Sometimes me think, ‘What is Friend?’ and then me say, ‘Friend is someone to share the last cookie with.’” –Cookie Monster
2. “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
3.“After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring the soul to the recipe.” – Thomas Keller
5. “Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate.” – Alan D. Wolfet
6. “Laughter is brightest in the place where food is.” – Irish Proverb
7. “Food for us comes from our relatives, whether they have wings or fins or roots. That is how we consider food. Food has a culture. It has a history. It has a story. It has relationships.” – Winona LaDuke
8. “Food can be very transformational, and it can be more than just about a dish. That’s what happened to me when I first went to France. I fell in love. And if you fall in love, well, then everything is easy.” – Alice Waters
9. “Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” – Luciano Pavarotti
11. “The way you make an omelet reveals your character.” – Anthony Bourdaine
12. “Life is a combination of magic and pasta.” – Federico Fellini
13. “If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house and eat… The people who give you their food give you their heart.” – Cesar Chavez
FUNNY FOOD AND SNACK QUOTES
These funny quotes about snacking are sure to make you laugh out loud! Snack quotes are super funny and a great way to connect with those you love over food.
14. “Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” – Ernestine Ulmer
15. “I’ve long believed that good food, good eating, is all about risk. Whether we’re talking about unpasteurized Stilton, raw oysters or working for organized crime associates, food, for me, has always been an adventure.” – Anthony Bourdaine
16. “Tell me what to eat, and I will tell you what you are.” – Anthelme Brillat-Savarin (I’d love to hear what he would have said about me after looking at our Instagram feed?)
17. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” – Jim Davis
18.“Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It’s a grain. It’s like, like, grits, but with high self-esteem.” – James Patterson
19. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” – Orson Welles
20. “The best comfort food will always be greens, cornbread, and fried chicken.” – Maya Angelou
21. “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” – Julia Child
22. “Life is too short for self-hatred and celery sticks.” – Marilyn Wann
23. “My doctor told me I had to stop throwing intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.” – Orson Welles
24. “Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.” – Erma Bombeck
25. “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
26. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
27. “I’m pretty sure that eating chocolate keeps wrinkles away because I have never seen a 10 year old with a Hershey bar and crows feet.” – Amy Neftzger
28. “Everything you see I owe to spaghetti.” – Sophia Loren
29. “A party without cake is just a meeting.” – Julia Child
30. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
31. “If soup isn’t hot enough to make a grown man wince, it’s undrinkable.” – Terri Guillemets
32. “There’s not a better feeling in the world than a warm pizza on your lap.” – Kevin James
33. “Ice cream is exquisite. What a pity it isn’t illegal.” – Voltaire
34. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.” – Alex Guarnaschelli
HEALTHY FOOD QUOTES
These healthy food quotes are so good to share with anyone! You are going to love these hilarious quotes.
35.“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.” – Barbara Johnson
36. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
37. “We all eat, and it would be a sad waste of opportunity to eat badly.” – Anna Thomas
38. “You don’t need a silver fork to eat good food.” – Paul Prudhomm
39. “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.” – Oscar Wilde
40. “The belly rules the mind.” – Spanish Proverb
FAMOUS FOOD QUOTES
These quotes are notoriously famous in all kinds of ways. Not only are they incredibly brilliant and fun, but they truly leave a gentle mark on anyone who reads them.
40. “If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.” – Julia Child
41. “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” George Bernard Shaw
42. “The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside.” – Mark Twain
43. “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” – Mother Teresa
44. “You can’t just eat good food. You’ve got to talk about it too. And you’ve got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.” – Kurt Vonnegut
45. “One cannot think well, love well and sleep well unless one has dined well.” – Virginia Woolf
46. “Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon, or not at all.” – Harriet Vorne Horne
47. “Large, naked, raw carrots are acceptable as food only to those who live in hutches eagerly awaiting Easter.” – Fran Lebowitz
GOOD FOOD QUOTES
These quotes about food are incredibly good and will make an everlasting impression. Whether it is about baking or snacking, there is a quote for almost every occasion!
48. “Never eat more than you can lift.” – Miss Piggy
49. “Anyone who’s a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is: ‘Is it good? Does it give you pleasure?” – Anthony Bourdaine
50. Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving, and identity.” – Jonathan Sofran Foer
51. “Food is our common ground, a universal experience.” – James Beard
52. “Food brings people together on many different levels. It’s nourishment of the soul and body; it’s truly love.” – Giada De Laurentiis
53. “The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.” – John Walters
54. “I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food.” – Erma Bombeck
55. “First we eat, then we do everything else.” – M.F.K. Fisher
56. “At home I serve the kind of food I know the story behind.” – Michael Pollan
57. “Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite-sized and personal.” – Sandra Lee
58. “Well, food’s always the way to anybody’s heart, I think, guy or girl.” – Josh Hutcherson
59. “Food may be essential as fuel for the body, but good food is fuel for the soul.” – Malcom Forbes
60. “Good food is the foundation of genuine happiness.” – Auguste Escoffier
You may also like:
- 9 Unique Gift Ideas Chocoholics Will Love
- 10 Amazing Cake-Themed Products You Need Right Now
- Get the Scoop on the Best Peanut Butter We’ve Tried
Quick and Easy Snack Recipes You’ll Love
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS TO PINTEREST!