Brianna | Oct 30, 2018 | 0
Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
If a spaghetti and meatball dinner is a favorite dish in your household, I’ve got news for you. Now you can have them for dessert too!
Best of all, you don’t even need to start up the oven or your mixer for this recipe. It’s totally no-bake and uses simple, ready-to-use ingredients, so you can have a cute, sweet treat without spending a ton of time.
The ingredients I used in this recipe are Hostess Orange Cupcakes, Ferrero Rocher Hazelnut Chocolates, Welch’s Natural Strawberry Jam, Great Value White Cupcake Icing with decorating tips and a block of white chocolate.
Another great thing about this recipe is that there are many variations and substitutions you can use depending on your preferences and how much time you have available. Here are some notes about the ingredients I chose and some ideas for recipe modifications you can try.
- I chose the Hostess Orange Cupcakes for a couple reasons. I wanted to have a white base for the cupcake so it blended more with the ‘spaghetti’ (aka frosting). The citrusy, orange flavor also works well with the ‘sauce’ (aka strawberry jam).
- If you’re a chocolate fan, the original Hostess Chocolate Cupcakes would work great too.
- I used strawberry jam because it has a bright red color (and strawberry just happens to be my favorite!), but raspberry would work too.
- I went with a name brand hazelnut chocolate, Ferrero Rocher. However, if you’re looking to save a little money, I noticed that Walmart now has a similar product in their Great Value brand.
- To be totally honest, I’m not a huge fan of frosting from a can. I almost always make my own buttercream from scratch. However, for this recipe, I knew the consistency needed to be just right to hold the ‘spaghetti’ shape. And since this is a quick, easy, no-bake recipe, a quick and easy icing seemed to be the way to go. I selected icing in a can that comes with 4 different decorating tips. Doesn’t get get easier than that!
WANT A CAKE INSTEAD?
- Spaghetti and meatball cupcakes are cute, but what about an entire spaghetti and meatball cake!? Just imagine a round cake with white frosting, covered with a heaping mound of spaghetti icing noodles, topped with hazelnut meatballs, jelly sauce and white chocolate parmesan. YUM!
Spaghetti and Meatball Cupcakes
They might look like spaghetti, but these sweet cupcakes are topped with piped frosting, hazelnut chocolate balls and strawberry jelly!
Course: Dessert, Snack
- 1 package Orange Hostess Cupcakes
- 1 can white cupcake icing (with decorating attachments)
- 1 package Ferrero Rocher hazelnut chocolates
- 1 container strawberry jelly
- 1 chunk white chocolate
Unwrap your cupcakes and discard the small cardboard square from the bottom. If any orange icing is hanging over the edge of cupcake, you can gently remove some of it so it does not show on your finished product.
Prepare your frosting can by attaching the small circle decorating tip.
Begin assembling by piping a pile of 'spaghetti' all over the top of your cupcake.
Add a hazelnut chocolate 'meatball' on top of the soft frosting.
Next, carefully spoon or squeeze some jelly 'sauce' right on top of the meatball.
Now grate some white chocolate 'cheese' over the whole top of the cupcake.
Repeat the process for all the cupcakes and allow them to set.
The icing will be soft for a while, especially in warm weather.
You can pop them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed up the setting process, but don't leave them in too long or the cupcakes will get hard and chewy.