Welcome to the mouthwatering world of Slim Chickens, where crispy, golden-brown chicken reigns supreme!
Slim Chickens is a fast food restaurant with a mission to make the ultimate hand-breaded chicken tender. With locations across the US, its tenders, wings, sandwiches, wraps, and more have created a stir in the competitive world of chicken.
From their humble beginnings to their explosion in popularity, Slim Chickens has captivated taste buds with their irresistible menu and commitment to a higher quality meal.
Join us as we uncover the secrets behind Slim Chickens’ incredible success and their commitment to delivering a finger-licking experience that keeps customers coming back for more.
A Brief History of Slim Chickens
Slim Chickens was founded in 2003 by Tom Gordon and Greg Smart, who wanted to create the perfect hand-breaded chicken tender.
First set up in Fayetteville, the restaurant was opened once the friends had tested the best sauces and recipes to crack the code of their unrivaled chicken tenders.
Following its opening, the restaurant grew through word-of-mouth and taste alone, to become the household name in chicken tenders that it is today.
Next up, we’re going to take a look at the menu that has hatched Slim Chickens’ success.
Slim Chickens Menu
Tenders and Wings
We’re going to start by looking at the section of the menu that Slim Chickens is best known for: chicken tenders and wings.
The chicken tenders and wings both come as meal options, which include the tenders or wings, Texas toast, a side, a choice of dipping sauce, and a drink. You can check out the complete list of sauces a little later in the article.
There are currently eight options available in the tender and wing meals menu including the following:
- Chick’s Meal – includes 3 tenders
- Classic Meal – includes 4 tenders
- Slim’s Meal – includes 5 tenders
- Hungry Meal – includes 7 tenders
- 6 Wing Meal – includes 6 wings
- 8 Wing Meal – includes 8 wings
- 3 & 3 Meal – includes 3 wings and 3 tenders
- 5 & 5 Meal – includes 5 wings and 5 tenders
As with any good chicken restaurant, Slim Chickens also offer a range of sandwiches with a variety of flavorings and spice levels.
The sandwich meals available include:
- Crispy Chicken Sandwich – Lightly breaded, buttermilk marinade, fried chicken breast with pickles and ranch mayo.
- Chicken Club Sandwich – Fried chicken breast with ranch, lettuce, tomato & bacon
- Cayenne Ranch Sandwich – Southern fried chicken breast, cayenne ranch mayo, crispy fried onions, lettuce, pickles and brioche bun
- Buffalo Ranch Sandwich – Southern fried chicken breast, buffalo sauce, pickles, lettuce and brioche bun
No buns here! The Slim Chickens wraps are a lighter option and come with either a jalapeno cheddar or spinach tortilla.
The chicken wrap meals available include:
- Smokey Cheddar Wrap – Fried chicken tenders with tangy barbeque sauce, shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce and ranch, all wrapped up in a jalapeno cheddar tortilla
- Buffalo Wrap – Chicken tenders tossed in buffalo sauce, with lettuce, tomato and ranch, all wrapped in a green spinach tortilla
- Slim’s Wrap – Chicken tenders with lettuce, tomato and homemade ranch, all wrapped in a green spinach tortilla
Chicken and Waffles
As you’d expect from a Southern comfort food restaurant, Slim Chickens offers Chicken and Waffles.
The dish consists of three hand-battered chicken tenders atop a warm crisp and tender waffle. Add some syrup and butter for the perfect sweet and salty combo.
For a healthier meal, Slim Chickens has two salad options available.
The first is Slim’s Salad, which is made up of greens, the famous chicken tenders, tomatoes, cheese, fried onions, cucumbers, carrots and croutons.
The second is the Side Salad, which is just a smaller serving of Slim’s Salad.
For those eating out with their children, Slim Chickens has a couple of options designed to please little palates.
The kiddos can choose between a mac and cheese meal, which comes with Texas toast and a drink, and a tender meal, which comes with two chicken tenders, Texas toast and fries or applesauce, as well as a drink.
Southern Side Dishes
There are several sides on the Slim Chickens menu, including many Southern comfort food staples:
- Mac and Cheese
- Potato Salad
- Fried Pickles
- Fried Okra
- Fried Mushrooms
- Side Salad
Slim Chickens Sauces
Slim Chickens offer the following sauces with their famous chicken tenders:
- Slim Sauce – Slim Chickens’ top secret sauce! A bit of a kick with herb, tomato and pepper notes.
- Ranch – The OG dipping sauce
- Cayenne Ranch – Ranch with a medium kick
- Honey Mustard
- Blue Cheese
- Honey BBQ – No spice, just sweet BBQ with notes of honey
- Garlic Parmesan
- Korean BBQ – Medium heat level with soy, red chili and sweet ginger notes.
- Southern BBQ – Classic sweet and smoky with a bit of heat.
- Buffalo – Medium heat level
- Red Sweet Chili – Sweet and savory with heat that builds
- Spicy BBQ – Medium heat with balanced sweetness
- Hot – The classic heat you’re looking for in a hot sauce
- Sriracha Garlic – Intense heat with a strong garlic flavor
- Mango Habanero – Long lasting sweet heat, tropical notes with a spicy kick
- Inferno – Hottest of the hot. Smoky, fiery, tangy and bold.
If you’re looking for a sweet treat to accompany or finish your Slim Chickens meal, you’re in luck!
To keep it classic, grab a chocolate chip brownie or delicious milkshakes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla or Oreo flavor.
Or be adventurous and check out the Slim Chickens jar desserts! They come in the following flavors:
- Chocolate Brownie Pudding – brownies, Heath bar, chocolate pudding and whipped cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake (seasonal/limited offering) – NY cheesecake chunks, fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- Oreo Cheesecake – Oreo cookies, cheesecake and whipped cream
Slim Chickens Restaurant Locations
Slim Chickens is taking the US and now the world by storm, with nearly 200 restaurants in the US, spread out across 30+ states (as of 2023).
The comfort food chain is continuously opening up restaurants in new locations too. They have a goal of having over 600 locations by 2025.
Slim Chickens also has international locations. The chain has over a dozen restaurants in the UK and one in Kuwait International Airport.
Final Thoughts: IS Slim Chickens Worth The Cluck?
Born from the ambition to create the perfect chicken tender, Slim Chickens has certainly made a statement in the competitive world of chicken – KFC, Chick-Fil-A, Church’s Chicken, Xaxby’s, and Raising Cane’s, to name a few!
Slim Chickens differentiates itself by consistently delivered on high-quality food and a commitment to premium service when you visit their restaurants.
With new locations hatching regularly, if you find a Slim Chickens near you soon, it’s definitely worth a try giving this award-winning chain a try!