A crunchy, chocolatey, perfectly sweet homemade Oreo Pie Crust is guaranteed to take your most beloved Oreo cookie crust desserts to a whole other level of awesome.
And with only 2 ingredients and no baking required, it’s seriously as easy to make as it is fantastic to enjoy!
Use this Oreo cookie crust as the base for ice cream pies, cheesecakes, or nearly any of your favorite pie-tastic treats.
The Best Oreo Cookie Crust for Your Favorite Desserts
A simple, easy Oreo pie crust is easy to make for your no-bake desserts like ice cream pie and cream pies, or can quickly be baked and used to for the most incredibly decadent and delicious cheesecakes and other pies. It’s crunchy and gritty in the best possible way, with a familiar chocolate flavor you know and love.
This Oreo cookie crust only requires 2 ingredients and your imagination… The sky is the limit for what incredible desserts you can make when you start with this recipe!
What 2 Ingredients You Need to Make an Easy Oreo Pie Crust
The Oreos have all of the sugar and chocolate in them needed to make a sweet, crunchy, chocolatey pie crust. All you need to add is melted unsalted butter, and you’re ready to go!
How Do You Make Oreo Pie Crust from Scratch?
Even though you are using packaged Oreo cookies you can totally count this as a “made from scratch” pie crust. If the final product is made in your home then, hey – it is homemade!
An easy Oreo pie crust can be prepared in just a few minutes. Then it’s up to you whether you briefly bake or simply chill in the fridge until ready to use.
Follow these steps to make the best base for creating your favorite Oreo cookie crust desserts:
- First, crush the Oreo cookies.
- Then melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Mix together the cookie crumbles and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Press the crumbly chocolate mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie plate or square dish.
How to Use Oreo Pie Crust for No-Bake Desserts
Place the Oreo crust in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using to make no-bake recipes, like Oreo crust ice cream pie, or pudding and cream pies. Wrap in plastic cling wrap if you’re planning to use the next day or so.
The crunchy chocolate crust is great for making this classic Oreo Cookie Pie, which features a chocolate pudding and vanilla ice cream filling, and dreamy, super creamy whipped cream topping.
Whip up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream from scratch, or use your favorite ice cream, to make an Oreo crust ice cream pie. Just let the ice cream soften a bit so that it can be spread to fill the crust completely, then top with a chocolate ganache, freeze for about an hour, and enjoy!
How to Bake with An Oreo Cookie Crust
There are so many delicious Oreo cookie crust desserts you can make! You only need to bake the pie crust for 3-5 minutes in an 350 degree oven before using to make cheesecakes or other baked pies.
Check out my Whimsical Circus Animal Cheesecake Cups post for an easy and super yummy vanilla cheesecake recipe that uses a similar cookie crust…but it’s made with pink circus animal cookies! goes!
Variations of this Recipe
Feel free to get creative with this recipe and swap traditional classic cookies with fun flavored Oreos in your Oreo cookie crust desserts! No matter what flavor of pie you want to there’s an Oreo that will pair perfectly.
From festive Peppermint Bark Oreos and rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreos (pie Oreos to MAKE an Oreo pie crust?! Yes, please!) to sophisticated Mint Oreos and Dark Chocolate Cream Oreos, there is a limitless world of pie crust flavors you can make. Any flavor would be fantastic for an Oreo crust ice cream pie, pudding pie, or cheesecake.
Whichever Oreos you choose for this recipe, be sure to follow these expert tips to make the best easy Oreo pie crust…
Tips for Making an Easy Oreo Pie Crust
- DO NOT remove the cream filling before smashing the Oreos. The cream is crucial to properly bind the crust together.
- Crush the cookies by placing them in a sealed plastic bag and lightly beating with a rolling pin. Or, use a food processor to quickly pulse the Oreos into a thick crumb.
- To create an even Oreo cookie crust I suggest that you use the bottom of a drinking glass or measuring cup to press out the crushed cookies into the pie plate.
- Bake or no bake, it’s entirely up to you! While I do recommend baking before using for other baked desserts, it is not absolutely necessary if you don’t want. This can be faster than chilling the Oreo cookie crust in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, although you’ll still need to let the crust cool slightly before filling and baking again.
You May Also Enjoy:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo crumbs (approx. 22-25 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- First, crush up the Oreo cookies.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl.
- Add the cookie crumbs to the bowl of melted butter. Combine well.
- Press the cookie and butter mixtures into a pie pan.