This edible chocolate chip cookie dough is meant to be eaten raw as an indulgent snack! Not only is eggless cookie dough a great no-bake treat, it’s a perfect recipe for customizing with your favorite sweet goodies.
Why Should You Make Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Who doesn’t think I want to eat that raw dough! every single time they make chocolate chip cookies?
Creamy, thick cookie dough is sweet and rich – and, let’s be honest – begs to be scooped by the spoonful. But…
Traditional cookies are made with eggs, and it is therefore not at all safe to eat raw cookie dough. You could get a nasty case of salmonella and quite an upset stomach. Instead of risking it, go ahead and get those cookies in the oven and then quickly whip up a batch of this no-bake eggless edible chocolate chip cookie dough for a snack!
Ingredients to Make Edible Cookie Dough
There are only a few ingredients in my super easy and eggless raw edible dough recipe. You’ll need salted butter, a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar, vanilla extract or paste (keep reading to learn the difference between the two), flour, milk, and your choice of mix-ins.
Then there are, of course, the classic chocolate chips to make edible chocolate chip cookie dough. But you can also include nearly any other goodies you like, such as:
- Crushed Oreos
- Peanut butter chips
- Dark chocolate chunks
- White chocolate chips
Vanilla Extract vs. Vanilla Paste: What’s the Difference?
Vanilla paste has a much higher concentration of vanilla and is therefore more vanilla-y delicious. Personally, it’s my favorite option for the strongest flavor. Two brands of vanilla paste I use and recommend are Nielson-Massey or Cambie Confections.
Classic vanilla extract is great for adding just a hint of vanilla to this edible dough recipe, and really lets the other ingredients shine. If you decide to use a regular vanilla extract, a great choice again is Nielson-Massey brand.
How to Make Eggless Cookie Dough
Step 1: Heat treat the flour
Just as it isn’t safe to eat raw eggs, it also is not a good idea to ingest raw flour. You should therefore heat treat the flour before using to make this edible cookie dough recipe.
- How to heat treat flour in the Microwave: Place flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for about 1 minute.
- How to heat treat flour in the Oven: Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes. Sift if any clumping occurs.
Step 2: Make the Edible Eggless Cookie Dough
In a large bowl, use a standing or hand mixer to beat the softened butter on medium-high speed until creamy. Then blend in the sugars until the butter mixture is light and fluffy.
Next, beat in the vanilla extract or vanilla paste. Lower the mixer speed to low, and carefully beat in the heat-treated and cooled flour.
Then, working one tablespoon at a time, mix in milk and continue to beat until the dough is smooth. It should be thick and moldable, and not too crumbly or too sticky.
Step 3: Add your favorite mix-ins
Lastly, use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips or your choice of goodies.
Enjoy SAFE and sweet edible cookie dough immediately at room temperature or chill in the fridge before serving.
The dough will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days if stored in an airtight container. You can also keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Suggestions for How to Enjoy Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Eggless raw cookie dough is delicious to scoop and eat as-is with that spoon you’ve been itching to use.
You can also use it as the base to make lots of other tasty treats! Form into small, bite-sized balls to enjoy as truffle-like desserts or as an ice cream topping. Or, use it to make my Cookie Dough Ice Cream recipe and have sweet eggless cookie dough mixed right into the ice cream!
Edible cookie dough balls are also great for dipping in melted semi-sweet or white chocolate, or turning into the center of decadent cake pops.
When cookie dough can be eaten raw, there’s no wrong way to enjoy this sweet snack!
You May Also Enjoy:
- Fruity Pebbles Cake Mix Cookies
- The BEST Brownie Batter Truffles Recipe
- 5-Minute Reese’s Sweet and Salty Snack Mix Recipe
- Easy No-Bake Circus Animal Truffles Recipe
- Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough Core Ice Cream Review
If you love this EDIBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH recipe
please consider sharing to Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 1 stick salted butter, room temp (if using unsalted, add a pinch of salt to the dough)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TB milk
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat treat the flour to 160 degrees F. Microwave: Place flour in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for about 1 minute. Oven: Spread the flour on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes. Sift if any clumping occurs.
- Beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the butter. Beat for about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is light in color and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add in the heat-treated and cooled flour.
- Add in the milk 1 TB at a time. Beat until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
In a covered, airtight container, the dough will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days. It may also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2377Total Fat: 133gSaturated Fat: 82gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 245mgSodium: 786mgCarbohydrates: 296gFiber: 11gSugar: 186gProtein: 21g