You won’t find any hot chocolate packets here! These Must-Try Crock Pot Hot Chocolate recipes are all homemade.
Each recipe in this list is unique and delicious in its own way. You’ll find everything from a copycat Starbucks recipe to hot cocoas packed with goodies like Oreos, candy canes, Hershey bars and even peanut butter.
Whether you’re a crockpot beginner or veteran, you may be looking for a few pointers to make the best hot cocoa. Here are some common questions about making from scratch crockpot hot chocolate.
Can I make slow cooker hot chocolate without cocoa powder?
Absolutely. Cocoa powder is a commonly used ingredient in hot chocolate, so there are many recipes in our list that use this ingredient to give the recipe its chocolately goodness.
However, there are quite a few that use different ingredients like chocolate chips, chocolate baking wafers, chocolate syrup and even Hershey’s candy bars.
Can I make crock pot hot chocolate without sweetened condensed milk?
Definitely. Milk, half and half, and heavy whipping cream are some common ingredients used in hot chocolate instead of sweetened condensed milk.
Can I make crock pot hot chocolate with almond milk?
Yes! Many of the recipes in our list specifically call out “milk of your choice”. Almond milk can definitely be substituted in your hot chocolate recipe.
Just be aware that your recipe may not be as rich and creamy as if you were using a high-fat product such as whole milk or heavy cream.
Is it better to make hot chocolate with milk or water?
It really depends on your preferences and the other ingredients in the recipe.
In general, using a full-fat whole milk with result in a creamier hot chocolate.
If you are looking for an even more indulgent hot cocoa, you might even substitute heavy whipping cream.
There is one recipe on our list that only calls for water and no regular milk or cream. However, it does also require sweetened condensed milk. Check out #12 on the list.
What can I add to hot chocolate to make it better?
There are so many ways to add extra flavor and fun to your hot chocolate besides marshmallows! Here are just a few ideas to make your hot chocolate better:
– Peppermint Extract or Crushed Peppermint Candy – Spices like Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger and Pumpkin Pie Spice – White Chocolate or Dark Chocolate – Raspberry or Strawberry Jam – Butterscotch Chips or Sauce – Flavored Coffee Creamers – Kahlua or Irish Cream Liqueur – Salted Caramel Sauce – Coconut Milk – Crushed Mint Oreos – Vanilla Bean Paste – Malted Milk Powder – Peanut Butter – Nutella – Espresso – Orange Zest – Cherry Juice – Egg Nog – Maple Syrup – Ice Cream – Chai Tea Mix – Almond Extract – Red Wine
Get ready to find the crock pot hot chocolate of your dreams! From classic hot cocoa to mix-ins like Oreos, peanut butter and raspberries, you're sure to find a warm and cozy hot cocoa recipe to try in this list.
Have you ever ordered a Black and White Hot Chocolate from Starbucks? (it’s on the secret menu!) This copycat recipe made with dark and white chocolate chips is simple, delicious, and great for serving a crowd.
- whole milk - semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips - white chocolate chips - sugar - vanilla extract - whipped cream or marshmallows, optional
This Easy Crock Pot Hot Chocolate is so rich, decadent, and creamy, you’ll never want to use the powder packets or the boxed hot chocolate mix again! And a delectable hint of pumpkin spice, maple syrup and dark chocolate, gives this recipe an interesting twist.
- milk - heavy cream - cocoa powder dairy-free - maple syrup or more, optional - dark chocolate chips - pumpkin pie spice - vanilla extract - sea salt flakes - optional toppings: whipped cream, melted chocolate, marshmallows
Have you had Italian-style hot chocolate that is so thick you can nearly stand your spoon up in it? With this slow cooker recipe you can make your own thick and creamy hot chocolate at home and serve this rich and indulgent treat whenever you want.
Looking to enjoy hot chocolate more than one way? This Crockpot White Hot Chocolate features 3 different ways to make hot chocolate! From OREOs and peppermint to marshmallows, there is something for everyone in this list!
- whole milk - heavy whipping cream - vanilla extract - white chocolate chips - marshmallows - Oreo cookies - peppermint candy - chocolate syrup - colorful candy sprinkles
This creamy Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is a definite dream because it is so easy to make and perfect for a slow and easy day. It's made with 2 types of chocolate and different toppings like marshmallows, sprinkles, and so much more!
- milk of choice - cacao powder - chocolate chips - sweetener of choice - pure vanilla extract - optional toppings like marshmallows, mini cookies, candy cane, pretzels, shaved chocolate, ground cinnamon - peppermint extract, if desired
The best combination is peanut butter and chocolate. This Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate makes your dreams come true with nutty and rich flavors that are sweet and rich. The best part? It's so easy to make!
- milk - cocoa powder - sugar - hot water - chocolate syrup - vanilla - creamy peanut butter - whipped cream for garnish, if desired - chopped peanuts for garnish, if desired
Looking for an easy way to prepare hot chocolate? This Slow Cooker Peppermint Chocolate is a definite way to treat yourself this winter. Made with a handful of ingredients, this creamy hot chocolate will brighten anyone's day!
- milk - granulated sugar - semisweet chocolate or baking wafers - unsweetened cocoa powder dark or regular - peppermint extract, optional - optional toppings like whipped cream, peppermint crunch or marshmallows
A fun a delicious treat that features an amazing combination: chocolate and caramel. This Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Recipe is a keeper and features a super simple approach to making dreamy hot chocolate!
- milk chocolate chips - caramel sauce - milk - heavy cream - vanilla - coarse sea salt
Raspberry and chocolate? Yes, please! Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate with Raspberry is the best way to treat yourself. Made with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, fresh raspberries, and so much more, this hot chocolate is a crowd-pleaser!
- sweetened condensed milk - semi-sweet chocolate chips - water - raspberries - fresh mint
The owner of this website, threesnackateers.com, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees.