What’s not to love about Circus Animal Cookie Truffles?! Pink and white icing, cute little animals and the colorful sprinkles. This easy truffle recipe using frosted animal cookies will become a new favorite.
This simple, no-bake dessert recipe is perfect for a party snack for kids, birthday sweet treats, or even pink shower favors.
Quick and Easy Circus Animal Cookie Truffle Dessert Recipe
There is something about Circus Animal Cookies that just makes my heart twinkle. They are just so darn cute and transport me back to a simpler time. For many people, myself included, circus animal cookies remind us of our childhood.
I still love to eat them straight from the bag and make strategic decisions about which animal to choose. Do you go for the camel or the bear/rhino/lion shaped-creature? Pink or white?!
With only 5 ingredients and an easy, no-bake recipe, you can throw these together at the last minute too.
The hardest part will be making sure you have enough cookies left to make the recipe. I’ll admit, I snacked on a few and I had to swat away my husband and daughter a few times as well. Lesson learned, next time I need to buy 2 bags of circus animal cookies.
Ingredients For Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
- Circus animal cookies
- Important note! Circus animal cookies are not to be confused with iced animal cookies or iced animal crackers with sprinkles. You want the real deal for this recipe. The pink and white frosted Mother’s Circus Animal Cookies are one of the best and well-known brands.
- 4 ounces (1/2 container) cream cheese
- Pink candy melts
- White candy melts (or white chocolate almond bark)
- Rainbow sprinkles (also called nonpareils)
Check out the Ibotta app to save money on ingredients! You can use it for cashback at places like Target, Walmart, Meijer, Amazon, Sam’s Club, Costco, Aldi, Whole Foods and lots more. For groceries, the savings per item is usually between 25 cents and several dollars.
– Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats With Sprinkles
How To Make Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
Step 1: Crush Circus Animal Cookies
The first step is to crush up the animal cracker cookies.
You can use a food processor (the easy way). Or you can do it the old-fashioned way with a plastic bag and a rolling pin (here’s the wooden rolling pin I like to use.)
Step 2: Add Cream Cheese
Next, combine the cookie crumbs with the cream cheese. You can use a spoon, but it’s faster and way more fun to use your hands!
Step 3: Scoop Dough Balls
Now grab a little scoop of your pretty pink dough. Roll it up into a little ball and place it onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Repeat until the cookie mixture is all used up and you have a tray full of beautiful sprinkled truffle balls.
Step 4: Chill Truffle Balls
Pop the cookie sheet in the refrigerator or freezer until truffle balls are chilled and firm – between 15-30 minutes will do the trick.
Step 5: Prepare Candy Melts
Just before removing the balls from the freezer, get started on preparing your candy melts and/or white chocolate.
How To Prepare Candy Melts
First, grab two bowls and follow the instructions on the packaging to prepare the white and pink candy melts.
PRO TIP: A word to the wise – follow the instructions carefully on the candy melts package. You don’t want to overheat these guys!
If the thought of preparing the candy melts has you shaking in your boots, you may want to try the Wilton Candy Melt Pot pictured below.
It melts the candy perfectly, then keeps it at just the right temperature for dipping, drizzling and pouring.
Step 6: Dip Truffles In Melted Chocolate
Carefully dip the truffles in the melted candies until they are fully covered.
How to Coat Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
I find it works best to use 2 forks to roll the truffles. Then position the forks under the truffle and lift it from the melted candy while gently shaking off the excess.
It takes a little practice to get the hang of it. Don’t worry if they don’t look perfect. Just add extra sprinkles on top to cover it up!
If you have a little extra time to pop the truffles in the freezer, this video shows a second method that also works great.
Step 7: Add Sprinkles
Carefully place the coated truffles back on your cookie sheet and add sprinkles.
I used classic nonpareils, but there are so many fun sprinkle options these days.
Check out all the sprinkles on Amazon if you want to get extra fancy! Be sure to work it in batches so you have time to add the sprinkles before the coating hardens.
Final Thoughts: Circus Animal Cookie Truffles
I hope you enjoy this easy and delicious no-bake truffle recipe. The pink and white colors, plus sprinkles, make these a great choice for a birthday party, baby shower or even Valentine’s Day!
- 1 bag Frosted Animal Crackers Cookies
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- Pink Candy Melts
- White Candy Melts, (or White Chocolate Almond Bark)
- Rainbow Sprinkles, (also called Nonpareils)
- Add animal cracker cookies to food processor or plastic bag and crush until finely ground.
- Pour the cookie crumbs into a bowl and add cream cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined. You can use a spoon, although I find it works better (and is more fun) to use your hands!
- Next, roll the mixture into about 1-inch size balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Repeat until the cookie mixture is all used up.
- Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator or freezer until truffle balls are chilled and firm - between 15-30 minutes will do the trick.
- Just before removing the balls from the freezer, get started on preparing your candy melts. Using separate bowls for white and pink, follow the melting instructions on the package of your candy melts.
- Carefully dip the truffles in your melted candies until fully covered. I find it works best to use 2 forks to roll the truffles and lift from the melted candy while gently shaking off the excess.
- Place the coated truffles back on your cookie sheet and quickly top with sprinkles before the coating hardens.
The Wilton Chocolate and Candy Melt Pot will come in handy a lot in the kitchen for recipes like chocolate covered pretzels or strawberries and of course, truffles!
The beauty of this tool is it slowly melts your chocolate or melting candies then keeps it at the perfect temperature for easy dipping. No need to rush before your chocolate hardens!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g