What can I make with cinnamon sugar? Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels of course! This super easy cinnamon sugar-coated pretzel recipe is made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
It’s kind of a funny story how I decided to make this recipe. I had just bought a bag of pretzels for a different recipe. These cute little Reindeer Rice Krispie Treats needed some antlers! I only used about 20 pretzels for that recipe, so I had a huge bag left.
But let’s face it, plain old pretzels are kind of boring. And the clock was ticking … only 30 minutes until my free time (aka daughter’s nap time) was over. So I needed something quick, easy and using ingredients I already had. The result? This fantastic cinnamon sugar pretzel recipe!
Ingredients for the BEST Cinnamon Sugared Pretzels
To make this simple cinnamon-sugar coated pretzel recipe, you’ll only need a few ingredients.
- A bag of pretzels
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp of ground cinnamon
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Coated Pretzels (Step By Step Instructions)
The recipe is very easy and straightforward.
1. First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Don’t skip this step – it makes clean up a breeze.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar and cinnamon. The consistency will be very runny. That’s just the way you want it.
4. Toss about half of the pretzels right in that runny mixture and make sure all the pretzels are thoroughly coated. Carefully extract the coated pretzels and place them on the baking tray. Repeat this step with the remaining pretzels.
5. Spread the cinnamon pretzels into an even layer on the baking sheet. It is okay if they overlap a little bit. Pour any remaining mixture over the pretzels on the tray.
It’s at this point when you’ll start realizing how glad you are you made this recipe.
6. Now put the cinnamon sugar-coated pretzels in the oven.
7. As the pretzels bake, the sugar in the coating will start to crystallize and you’ll begin to see a nice crumbly coating form. The total baking time is 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes or so, gently stir the pretzels to make sure all the pieces have a nice generous coating of the sugar mixture.
When your kitchen begins to smell amazing as these pretzels bake, be sure to save this recipe to Pinterest so you can make it again and again!
Variations For This Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Recipe Snack
- I used small twist pretzels because that is what I had on hand. However, you could definitely use another size or shape pretzel. Butter twist pretzels would be really good! These would also be fantastic with big chunks of sourdough pretzels.
- If you need a gluten-free recipe, you could substitute a gluten-free pretzel.
- We have a really excellent salted caramel oyster cracker recipe. It’s one of our most popular recipes! You might even try to substitute the pretzels in this recipe for oyster crackers.
Be sure to pin this HOMEMADE CINNAMON SUGAR COATED PRETZELS RECIPE!
- 1 bag pretzels
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine vegetable oil, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add about half the pretzels to the bowl. Stir well to make sure all pretzels are coated.
- Carefully transfer the first batch of pretzels to the cookie sheet, gently letting any excess coating drip back into the bowl.
- Add the rest of the pretzels to the bowl and coat well. Then transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Spread pretzels into an even layer. It's okay if some overlap.
- Pour any remaining mixture from the bowl over the top of the pretzels, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Bake the pretzels for a total of 30 minutes. Gently stir the pretzels around every 10 minutes.