What is better than a creamy, minty and perfectly green Shamrock Shake? How about a mint milkshake with a dash of CBD! That’s right – a CBD Shamrock Shake!
In this recipe, we’ve taken the classic, seasonal milkshake that McDonald’s made famous and given it an unexpected boost by adding mint CBD oil.
Keep reading to find out more about the benefits of CBD oil and how to make this quick, easy, homemade mint milkshake. It’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any day that you’re craving a milkshake!
Why Make A Milkshake With CBD?
Let’s go over a few common questions.
What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, is one of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
Why Do People Use CBD Oil?
The CBD movement has exploded in popularity in the past few years. Since the field is still quite new, regulations and research in the industry still need to catch up.
However, many people swear by the benefits of CBD. Common claims are that CBD can help relieve pain, reduce anxiety and depression, alleviate acne, combat insomnia, help in the treatment of epilepsy and much more.
Will taking CBD get me high?
Nope. CBD is not psychoactive which means it will not give you the sensation of being high.
How Do I Take CBD Oil?
Three common ways to take CBD oils are to ingest it (like our CBD milkshake), put it under your tongue or apply it to your body.
CBD oil is usually ingested by adding it to food, beverages or in this case, a milkshake. These products are commonly referred to as CBD edibles.
When you eat or drink CBD, it passes through your digestive system, is metabolized by the liver and sent throughout the body over several hours.
Some of the most common edibles are CBD gummies.
CBD oil can also be consumed by placing a few drops of the oil or tincture under the tongue and holding it there for a few seconds. This allows the active ingredients to be absorbed quickly through membranes in the mouth.
You can also apply CBD products such as creams, makeup and shampoo directly to your skin and body.
Now that you know the benefits of CBD and the different ways to take it, let’s get back to our recipe.
Ingredients for CBD Shamrock Shake (Mint Milkshake)
The ingredients you’ll need for this copycat Shamrock Shake are as follows:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whole Milk
- For the richest and creamiest milkshake, whole milk works best. However, you can substitute with a lower fat milk or milk substitute if you prefer. Results may vary!
- Green Food Coloring
- Mint Extract
- There are many brands available, but you can’t go wrong with McCormick or Watkins.
- Note that there is a difference in flavor between MINT extract and PEPPERMINT extract. The mint oil will give you a flavor most similar to a McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. However, peppermint extract can be used if you prefer.
- Mint CBD Oil
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
How To Make A CBD Shamrock Shake (Mint Milkshake)
Ingredients For CBD Mint Milkshake
Instructions To Make A CBD Milkshake
Step 1: Scoop the ice cream into your bowl or blender.
Step 2: Add the milk, mint extract, CBD oil and a bit of food coloring. I always start with just a couple of drops of extract and coloring, blend and then add more drops until I get a color and flavor I like. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away!
Step 3: Using your hand mixer or blender, combine all the ingredients until your mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Pour the mixture evenly into two glasses, top with whipped cream, some colorful sprinkles and a cherry on top. A fun green straw will complete the look!
You may also be interested in:
- Best CBD Gummies
- Best Vegan CBD Gummies
- Best Sleep CBD Gummies
- Best CBD Chocolate
- Best CBD Honey
- Best CBD Coffee
- Best CBD Lollipops
- Gather up your supplies: large mixing bowl and an electric hand mixer OR a blender, ice cream scoop, spatula and 2 serving glasses
- Scoop the ice cream into bowl or blender.
- Add the milk, mint extract, CBD oil and a bit of food coloring. Start with just a couple drops of coloring and extract, blend and then add more drops until you get a color and flavor you like. You can always add more, but you can’t take it away.
- Using an electric hand mixer or blender, combine all the ingredients until your mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 2 glasses, top with whipped cream, some colorful sprinkles and a cherry on top. A fun green straw will complete the look!
Use as much or little CBD oil as desired. We recommend high-quality mint CBD oil from Green Roads.
Micky Reed, a two-decade veteran in the food and baking industry, leverages her influential Three Snackateers food blog and Instagram presence to collaborate with industry giants like Ben & Jerry's and Crumbl Cookies. Her work has been featured on Delish, PopSugar and more. Her expertise as a product curator for one of the world's largest international snack subscription box companies solidifies her status as a key player in the field.