The CBD industry is one of the newest and fastest-growing markets in recent years. CBD chocolate is a fun and delicious way to incorporate CBD into your routine.
This handy guide will help you discover where to buy the best CBD chocolate online.
In this article, you’ll find many types of CBD chocolates to try including:
- milk, dark and white chocolate bars
- THC-free chocolate
- chocolate for sleep
- chocolate formulated especially for women
- chocolate for baking
- full-spectrum and broad-spectrum chocolate
- and more!
From CBD-infused chocolate bars to chocolate confections, you’re sure to find something delicious way to enjoy your CBD or even give it as a gift.
If you’re ready to jump right in, here are our top picks for the best CBD chocolates to try!
- Editor’s Choice: Green Roads Dark Chocolate Bars
- Best High Potency CBD Chocolate: Five CBD Squares
- Best CBD Chocolate Variety: Sugar & Kush Milk, Dark & Cookies n’ Cream
- Best CBD Dark Chocolate: CBDistillery Dark Chocolate Bars
- Best CBD Truffles: Lulu’s Artisan Truffles
Keep reading below for more on these top chocolates, plus many other great options to choose from.
This is not medical advice. CBD is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Products are intended for 18+ years old.
What are CBD chocolates?
CBD chocolates are confections that contain CBD. The confections come in many forms such as CBD chocolate bars, truffles, spreads, and chocolate-covered fruits and nuts.
What does CBD stand for?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a chemical found in all-natural hemp plants known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Will CBD chocolates get me high?
No, CBD products do not generate a “high” or other psychoactive effects. They do not contain the psychotropic chemical called tetrahydrocannabinol, more commonly known as THC.
What is CBD chocolate good for?
CBD research is still new and there is not much evidence available yet that scientifically supports CBD benefits or the efficacy of these products.
However, you don’t need to look far to find positive reviews and stories from people who have tried CBD products. Reported health benefits include an overall calming effect as well as relief from a wide variety of symptoms such as pain, inflammation, anxiety, nausea, insomnia, and skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
Can I use CBD chocolate in recipes?
Yes! You can use CBD chocolate in place of some of the regular chocolate in many recipes like brownies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate-covered strawberries, chocolate pretzel rods, or even in a chocolate-dipped cone.
Just be sure to closely monitor the amount of CBD in the product you are using to achieve your desired outcome.
Where can I buy CBD chocolate online?
If you do a quick google search, you’ll find millions of results for CBD chocolate. When buying any CBD product, it’s important to look for a reputable CBD brand that uses high-quality ingredients and top-notch manufacturing processes.
The company should also provide lab results from 3rd party tests. Be wary of any companies that make explicit health claims or offer very low prices. Producing a high-quality CBD product is expensive.
The list below is a quick guide to some of the best CBD chocolates you can buy online. These respected CBD companies are known for high-quality products as well as great-tasting chocolate!
Best CBD Chocolates To Buy Online
Here’s a quick list of our top 3 recommended CBD chocolates.
1. Editor’s Choice For Best CBD CHocolate
Our Pick: Green Roads CBD Chocolate Bars
Green Roads found a way to make dark chocolate even more blissful by combining hand-crafted, artisanal dark chocolate with hemp-derived cannabinoid extracts to create this vegan-friendly CBD Dark Chocolate Bar.
- Each pillow-top bar is infused with 180mg of CBD for an average of 15mg per piece of CBD chocolate
- Delicious gourmet vegan dark chocolate candy bar with 62% cacao
- Bean-to-bar fairly traded chocolate from an artisanal chocolatier
- Hand-crafted in small batches
- Infused with CBD from American-grown hemp
- Made with isolated CBD, no other cannabinoids (zero THC) from hemp
- Female run company, CEO was a former pharmacist
Green Roads CBD Dark Chocolate Bar Review
Each bar has 12 perfectly bite-sized pieces of delicious dark chocolate. The pieces snap off easily for a quick bite. The texture is also perfect for chopping to include in a recipe.
When eaten, the chocolate is smooth and creamy. This bar is 62% dark chocolate, so the flavor is rich, but not too bitter.
Overall, this is a great bar for snacking and baking. We give it two thumbs up!
From time to time Green Roads also offers limited edition CBD chocolate flavors like the Cookies & Cream CBD white chocolate bar shown below. They also offered a limited edition Peppermint CBD Chocolate bar in 2020.
**Use promo code ‘Snack10’ for 10% off your order.**
2. Best High Potency CBD Chocolate
Five CBD has a commitment to harness the full power of the hemp plant. Their products use full-spectrum hemp extract, not just isolate.
The result is a high-quality CBD that has terpenes, flavanoids, and other cannabinoids that facilitate the Entourage Effect.
Want to learn more? Get the details on full-spectrum CBD here.
- Each chocolate contains 50mg + 2mg THC per square
- 5:1 CBD to minor hemp compounds
- Available in milk chocolate and sea salt dark chocolate
- CBD sourced from US farms
- Third-party lab tested certificate of analysis available online
3. BEST CBD CHOCOLATE VARIETY
These decadent, creamy CBD chocolate bars are made with all-natural flavors, high-quality ingredients and pack a punch with 250mg CBD per bar of chocolate.
- Each chocolate bar contains 250mg of CBD isolate
- The variety pack includes a milk, dark and cookies ‘n cream bar. Each flavor is also sold separately.
- Made with organic cocoa butter
- This brand new treat already has 4.5/5.0 reviews
Starting at $7.99 from Sugar & Kush
**Use promo code SNACK20 for 20% off your order.**
4. Best CBD Dark Chocolate
With over 50,000 verified reviews and testimonials, CBDistillery is one of the fastest-growing brands in the CBD industry. They believe in offering high-quality, fairly-priced, US-grown products.
- 30 mg of CBD per serving; 12 servings per chocolate bar
- Full-spectrum CBD
- 72% cacao
- 3rd-party lab tested with results available online
- US Hemp Authority Certified
- Recommended use is one serving during the day or before bed whenever relief and relaxation is needed
Starting at $25.00 from CBDistillery
**Use code SNACK25 for 25% off your order.**
5. Best CBD Truffles
Our Pick: Lulu’s Artisan Truffles
The heart-shaped truffles are a delicious way to treat yourself and would also make a great gift!
These treats are definitely high quality. Just check out the ingredient list: Organic Raw Cacao, Organic Hazelnut Butter, Organic Coconut Sugar, Broad Spectrum Hemp Oil, Distilled Hemp Terpenes, Organic Vanilla Bean, Fleur de Sel Sea Salt.
- 60mg CBD per package, 20mg CBD per truffle
- Broad spectrum CBD (no THC)
- Truffle flavor is chocolate hazelnut
- Female founded company
- Organically grown, sustainable, US hemp
- Sungrown Colorado Fair Trade Hemp
- Third party tested with lab reports available
Starting at $11.95 from Hakuna Supply
**Use code SHARE10 for 10% off your order.**
6. Best CBD Mint Chocolate
Eating hemp chocolate is an easy, discreet, and enjoyable way to take CBD. Dark Chocolate Tasty Hemp Cocoas are made in small batches with a perfected formula of rich chocolate and raw hemp oil.
You can enjoy these hemp chocolates any time of the day for a full boost of CBD.
- 10mg CBD in each chocolate
- 4 pieces of CBD chocolate per box
- Third-party lab tested
- Individually wrapped and ready to eat
- Available in dark chocolate and mint dark chocolate
Tasty Cocoas Dark Chocolate Mint CBD Review
They remind me a lot of the classic Andes Creme De Menthe Thins. The dark chocolate is present, but not overpowering. The mint flavor is strong and pleasant. Together, the flavors combined with the creaminess of the chocolate make a really satisfying experience.
Each chocolate is big enough to get a couple of nice bites.
We really liked these. A very enjoyable way to get a dose of CBD!
7. Best CBD White Chocolate
Handcrafted in Tennessee, this Kat’s Naturals Activated Hemp Bar offers a premier CBD chocolate experience with a Peppermint White Chocolate flavor.
When company founder Kat Merryfield’s husband and military veteran started showing signs of stress related to combat, they decided to experiment with incorporating CBD into their natural products.
Since the creation of Kat’s Naturals, the company has been working to help veterans and their families.
- 100mg CBD per bar; 8.5 mg CBD per square
- Full-spectrum CBD
- Ingredients include premium organic white chocolate couverture, organic peppermint extract, and organic CBD from American grown hemp
- Safe for daily use
- A dark chocolate CBD bar also available
**Use promo code “SNACK20” for 20% off**
8. BEST CBD Chocolate For Sleep
Our Pick: Grön CBD Snooze Dark Chocolate
Need to catch some Z’s? Grön CBD Snooze Adaptogenic Dark Chocolate is formulated to support restful sleep and help maintain a sense of calm. This chocolate supplement contains CBD, CBN and valerian root.
Fun Fact: Grön means ‘green’ in Swedish and is pronounced ‘grew-n’. The name is a tribute to Grön’s founding chocolatier’s love of both Scandinavia and Oregon, and the simple, beautiful rewards of living green.
You may also like: Best CBD Gummies For Sleep
- 45mg of CBD, 10mg of CBN plus 60mg of Valerian Root in each piece
- 70% vegan dark chocolate
- Non-psychoactive (No THC)
- Organically grown in Oregon
- Fair Trade Certified
- Low sugar (2g/serving)
- Safe for daily use
**Use promo code “SNACK20” for 20% off**
9. Best CBD Chocolate Snack
R.A. Royal CBD offers a wide range of CBD edibles including CBD chocolate-covered pretzels. A classic snack combined with the power of CBD – it’s a perfect match!
- Each 130g jar contains 1000mg CBD
- Manufactured from industrial hemp plants
- Lab results are available online
- Contains no THC
- Suggested use is 2 pieces at a time every 5 hours. No more than 6 total in one day.
10. Best CBD Chocolate With Filling
Our Pick: Fine & Raw x Toast CBD Chocolate
The FINE & RAW x Toast Chunky Collection has a soft, rich, smooth chocolate filling that’s infused with Full Spectrum Hemp Extract and then coated in 70% dark chocolate.
Toast collaborated with the chocolatiers at FINE & RAW (based in Brooklyn, NY) to create these organic, vegan, gluten-free CBD chocolates.
Try it on ice cream, in s’mores or hot chocolate!
- Contains full spectrum hemp extract
- Available in 4 packs of either 20mg or 100mg strengths
- Organic, gluten-free and vegan
- 70% dark chocolate coating with smooth chocolate filling
11. Best Gourmet CBD Chocolate Bar Flavors
Our Pick: Therapeutic CBD Chocolate Bars
If you like chocolate and are looking for a delicious way to get CBD in your diet, Therapeutic CBD Chocolate might be right for you. This artisan chocolate hemp comes in a variety of gourmet flavors.
These easy-to-eat bars break into 4 pieces that each contain 15mg of CBD.
- 120mg CBD per chocolate candy bar; 15 mg per piece
- Gourmet flavors vary and have included selections like caramel coconut, peach hazelnut, raspberry & cinnamon, peanut butter & honey, dark chocolate, sea salt strawberry and chai pistachio milk chocolate
- Comes in a resealable ziplock bag
- Made with premium natural and organic ingredients
12. Best CBD Chocolate For Women
- 30mg of CBD per serving, THC-free, organic hemp
- Also has Hibiscus (antioxidant with pleasant, floral taste), Maca (female-specific adaptogen) and 5-HTP (precursor to serotonin)
- Certified organic cacao ethically sourced from a female-run co-op farm
- Winner of “2020 Best New CBD Product” NEXTY Award
- Sugar-free; sweetened with monk fruit & erythritol
- Vegan, keto-friendly
- Take 1-2 bites anytime during the day to help with stressful situations
13. Best CBD Chocolate For Baking
Our Pick: CBD Living Nano CBD Chocolate Bar
This CBD chocolate bar is tasty on its own, but it’s also a great option for baking up treats like CBD brownies.
- 200 mg of broad-spectrum Nano CBD per dark chocolate bar, 25 mg CBD per segment
- THC-free with no “hempy” aftertaste
- Gluten-free, non-GMO, natural ingredients
- 100% organic hemp sourced from state-licensed farms in Oregon and Colorado
- Made in the USA
- Available in milk and dark chocolate
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolate CBD?
A. When shopping for CBD products, you’ll see there are 3 main types to choose from: Full-Spectrum, Broad-Spectrum and Isolate. Below is a summary of each type.
- A Full Spectrum CBD product will contain CBD as well as many other cannabinoids and plant compounds, including THC.
- Broad Spectrum products contain CBD and many other cannabinoids and compounds found in cannabis plants, but no THC. Broad Spectrum is a nice middle ground for people wanting to uncover the potential benefits of additional cannabinoids, but do not want to consume THC.
- Isolate products contain only CBD. CBD isolate products can be effective on their own as they typically contain a high concentration of CBD. These products are a nice choice for people who want to consume CBD and no other cannabinoids.
Learn more about the different types of CBD here.
Q. Will I Fail A Drug Test If I Take CBD?
A. Full-Spectrum CBD products contain less than 0.3 percent THC per United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and the legal limit set by the Hemp Farm Bill in 2018.
CBD chocolates that contain full-spectrum CBD do contain THC. While it is a very small amount of THC, it is still possible to have detectable levels of THC on a drug test. If this is a concern for you, consider a broad-spectrum or isolate product.
Q. How Much CBD Should I Take?
A. If it is your first time trying CBD, the best way to get started is to speak with your doctor. They will help make sure it’s a good fit for your specific situation and won’t cause any potential interactions with prescription medications or other side effects. They may even offer you suggestions on top brands or how much CBD is right for you.
After you get the all-clear, the best option is to start with a small dose (5-10mg) and increase gradually over time until you achieve your desired results. Do note that because it’s an edible that needs to be absorbed through your digestive system, the CBD chocolate bar effects can take at least 30 minutes.
You may also like:
- How to Choose the Best CBD Gummies
- Best CBD Seltzers and Sparkling Water
- Best CBD Lollipops
- Best CBD Coffee
- Best CBD Honey Online
- Best CBD Gummies For Sleep
- 4 Ways To Make Delicious CBD Brownies
- Best Vegan CBD Gummies Options
- Best CBD Oils
- Best CBD Dog Treats