The CBD industry is one of the newest and fastest-growing markets in recent years. From infused gummies and tinctures to creams and bath bombs, there are plenty of ways to get your daily dose of CBD. But CBD chocolate is one of our favorite ways to reap the benefits.
Where can I buy the best CBD chocolate online?
If you do a quick online search, you’ll find millions of results for CBD chocolate. How do you know which one to buy?! When buying any CBD product, it’s super important to look for a reputable brand.
A good CBD company will:
– use high-quality ingredients
– top-notch manufacturing processes
– provide 3rd party lab tests
Be wary of any companies that make explicit health claims (this is prohibited by the FDA) or offer very low prices. Producing a high-quality CBD product is expensive.
With that in mind, the list below is a quick guide to some of the best CBD chocolates you can buy online. These respected CBD companies are known for high-quality products as well as great-tasting chocolate.
This is not medical advice. CBD is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Products are intended for 18+ years old.
Best CBD Chocolate Edibles To Buy Online
Here’s a quick overview of CBD chocolates we cover in this article.
- Best High Potency CBD Chocolate: Five CBD Squares
- Best CBD Chocolate Variety: Sugar & Kush Milk, Dark & Cookies n’ Cream
- Best CBD Chocolate For Anxiety: Vital Leaf Chocolate Bars
- Best CBD Truffles: Lulu’s Artisan Truffles
- Best CBD Mint Chocolate: Tasty Hemp Dark Chocolate Mint
- Best CBD Chocolate For Women: Winged Women’s Wellness Dark Chocolate Bites
- Best CBD Chocolate Chip Cookies: CBDfx
1. Best High Potency CBD Chocolate
Five CBD has a commitment to harnessing the full power of the hemp plant. Their products use full-spectrum hemp extract, not just isolate. The result is a high-quality CBD that has terpenes, flavonoids, and other cannabinoids that facilitate the Entourage Effect.
About Full Spectrum CBD Chocolate From Five
- Regular CBD chocolates contain 50mg + 2mg THC per square, while the Buzz line contains 50mg + 5mg THC per square
- Available in milk chocolate, sea salt dark chocolate & toffee crunch
- CBD sourced from US farms
- Third-party lab-tested certificate of analysis available online
Starts at $33.99 from Five CBD
2. BEST CBD CHOCOLATE VARIETY
About CBD Chocolate Flavors From Sugar & Kush
These decadent, creamy CBD chocolate bars are made with all-natural flavors, high-quality ingredients and pack a punch with 250mg CBD per bar of chocolate.
- Each chocolate bar contains 250mg of CBD isolate
- The variety pack includes a milk, dark and cookies ‘n cream bar. Each flavor is also sold separately.
- Made with organic cocoa butter
Starting at $7.99 from Sugar & Kush. **Use promo code SNACK20 for 20% off your order.**
3. Best CBD Chocolate For Anxiety
Our Pick: Vital Leaf Chocolate Bars
Vital Leaf CBD chocolate bars offer a delicious way to melt away your stress! Each chocolate bar contains a feel-good molecule called anandamide, known for its positive effects on mood, memory, and brain function.
Add in CBD and all the functional compounds found in cacao, and you’ve got a blissful recipe to help calm the mind and body. The chocolate bars also have 73% cacao, which makes them a source of magnesium that also supports your nervous system and helps bring you into balance.
About Vital Leaf CBD Chocolate Bars For Anxiety and Stress
- 200mg CBD per bar; 10mg CBD per serving
- THC-free broad-spectrum hemp extract
- Made with organic ingredients like cacao, coconut sugar and vanilla bean
- 73% regeneratively sourced Ecuadorian cacao
- Vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO
- Made with US-grown hemp
- Flavors include classic dark chocolate, hazelnut & sea salt, and vanilla bean crunch
- Mini CBD chocolate bars are also available
Starting at $15.00 from Vital Leaf. **Use promo code SNACK15 for 15% off your order.**
4. Best CBD Truffles
Our Pick: Lulu’s Artisan Truffles
The heart-shaped truffles are a delicious way to treat yourself and would also make a great gift!
These treats are definitely high quality. Just check out the ingredient list: Organic Raw Cacao, Organic Hazelnut Butter, Organic Coconut Sugar, Broad Spectrum Hemp Oil, Distilled Hemp Terpenes, Organic Vanilla Bean, Fleur de Sel Sea Salt.
About Lulu’s Artisan CBD Truffles
- 60mg CBD per package, 20mg CBD per truffle
- Broad spectrum CBD (no THC)
- Truffle flavor is chocolate hazelnut
- Female founded company
- Organically grown, sustainable, US hemp
- Sungrown Colorado Fair Trade Hemp
- Third-party tested with lab reports available
Starting at $11.95 from Hakuna Supply **Use code SHARE10 for 10% off your order.**
5. Best CBD Mint Chocolate
About CBD Chocolates From Tasty Hemp Oil
Dark Chocolate Tasty Hemp Cocoas are made in small batches with a formula of rich chocolate and raw hemp oil.
- 10mg CBD in each chocolate
- 4 pieces of CBD chocolate per box
- Third-party lab tested
- Individually wrapped and ready to eat
- Available in dark chocolate and mint dark chocolate
Starting at $19.99 from Made By Hemp
6. Best CBD Chocolate For Women
About Winged Dark Chocolate For Women
- 30mg of CBD per serving, THC-free, organic hemp
- Also has Hibiscus (antioxidant with pleasant, floral taste), Maca (female-specific adaptogen) and 5-HTP (precursor to serotonin)
- Certified organic cacao ethically sourced from a female-run co-op farm
- Winner of “2020 Best New CBD Product” NEXTY Award
- Sugar-free; sweetened with monk fruit & erythritol
- Vegan, keto-friendly
- Take 1-2 bites anytime during the day to help with stressful situations
Starts at $30 from Winged Women’s Wellness
7. Best CBD Chocolate chip Cookies
Our Picks: CBDfx Protein Cookies
These CBD protein cookies from CBDfx are packed with 20mg CBD (broad spectrum) and 13g of protein per serving. The vegan cookies contain all-natural ingredients and are also soy-free. You can pick from chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are CBD chocolates?
CBD chocolates are confections that contain cannabidiol (CBD). Cannabidiol is a chemical found in all-natural hemp plants known for its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. The confections come in many forms such as CBD chocolate bars, truffles, spreads, and chocolate-covered fruits and nuts, and even cookies.
What is CBD chocolate good for?
CBD research is still new and there is not much evidence available yet that scientifically supports CBD benefits or the efficacy of these products. However, many people report feeling more relaxed after eating CBD chocolate. Some also say that it helps to alleviate pain, reduced stress and anxiety, and improve sleep.
Can I use CBD chocolate in recipes?
Yes! You can use CBD chocolate in place of some of the regular chocolate in many recipes like brownies. Just be sure to closely monitor the amount of CBD in the product you are using to achieve your desired outcome.
What is the difference between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolate CBD?
When shopping for CBD products, you’ll see there are 3 main types to choose from: Full-Spectrum, Broad-Spectrum and Isolate.
- A Full Spectrum CBD product will contain CBD as well as many other cannabinoids and plant compounds, including THC.
- Broad Spectrum products contain CBD and many other cannabinoids and compounds found in cannabis plants, but no THC. Broad Spectrum is a nice middle ground for people wanting to uncover the potential benefits of additional cannabinoids, but do not want to consume THC.
- Isolate products contain only CBD. CBD isolate products can be effective on their own as they typically contain a high concentration of CBD. These products are a nice choice for people who want to consume CBD and no other cannabinoids.
How much CBD should I take?
If it is your first time trying CBD, the best way to get started is to speak with your doctor. They will help make sure it’s a good fit for your specific situation and won’t cause any potential interactions with prescription medications or other side effects. They may even offer you suggestions on top brands or how much CBD is right for you.
After you get the all-clear, the best option is to start with a small dose (5-10mg) and increase gradually over time until you achieve your desired results. Do note that because it’s an edible that needs to be absorbed through your digestive system, the CBD chocolate bar effects can take at least 30 minutes.
Is CBD chocolate good for anxiety?
There is some scientific evidence that supports CBD as a potential treatment for anxiety. Because CBD edibles like chocolate contain CBD, it is possible you may find relief from anxiety. You may want to consider a product like Vital Leaf Chocolate Bars that contains additional functional ingredients to help relieve stress and anxiety.
Keep in mind that everyone reacts differently to CBD and it may interact with other drugs you are taking. Always consult your doctor before trying CBD.
How strong is CBD chocolate?
The strength of CBD chocolate will vary depending on the amount and type of CBD used. The strongest product on our list is the potent full-spectrum CBD chocolate from Five CBD. It contains 50mg + 2mg THC per square.
Beginners will want to stick with a more mild option like Sugar & Kush CBD Chocolate. It has only around 20mg CBD per serving and no THC.
Does CBD chocolate make you sleepy?
ln general, CBD users report a relaxed feeling, but that it does not make them sleepy. However, since CBD affects everyone differently, you may have a different experience.
As with any supplement, side effects may occur and can include dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications too, so check with your doctor.
How long does CBD chocolate take to work?
CBD edibles, like chocolate, are absorbed during digestion. It can take 20 minutes to 2 hours for CBD chocolate to start working. If you have an empty stomach, you may feel the effects quicker. Always start with a small amount, wait to see how you feel and take more if needed. Consult with your doctor for dosing recommendations for your situation.
You may also like:
- How to Choose the Best CBD Gummies
- Best CBD Seltzers and Sparkling Water
- Best CBD Lollipops
- Best CBD Coffee
- Best CBD Honey Online
- Best CBD Gummies For Sleep
- Best Vegan CBD Gummies Options
- Best CBD Oils
Micky Reed, a two-decade veteran in the food and baking industry, leverages her influential Three Snackateers food blog and Instagram presence to collaborate with industry giants like Ben & Jerry's and Crumbl Cookies. Her work has been featured on Delish, PopSugar and more. Her expertise as a product curator for one of the world's largest international snack subscription box companies solidifies her status as a key player in the field.