Crunchy, tasty, handheld and served with your favorite dipping sauce – really, what’s not to love about a delicious corn dog? They are an easy snack or a quick meal that the whole family will enjoy.
And thanks to the air fryer you can skip the deep fryer and easily enjoy these savory goodies “fried” fresh at home, right from the freezer.
That’s right, the best way to make air-fried corn dogs is from frozen! Simply add your favorite corn dogs into the basket and cook at 375° F for 8-10 minutes. For even crispier corn dogs, add 1-2 more minutes. The result is a cornbread-style breading that has a nice crunch texture and a juicy and flavorful hot dog on the inside.
Check out our foolproof tips to make the most delicious air fryer corn dogs in under 15 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
Your air fryer oven is the key to making the best corn dogs at home. There are a few reasons why the air fryer is the best tool for the job.
- Air frying has a faster cooking time than baking.
- Air frying is much healthier than deep frying.
- There is no thawing needed. Frozen corn dogs cook quickly and evenly to golden brown perfection.
- Frozen corn dogs are way easier than homemade corn dogs. Prep and clean-up are a breeze since you’re not dealing with wooden skewers and wet batters.
Read on for easy steps and tips to make this easy recipe for a quick lunch or family dinner any night of the week.
How To Make Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer
No joke, this recipe could not be any easier. You are only 3 simple steps away from the perfect corn dog that tastes as good as your favorite fair food.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, or your preferred air fryer safe cooking spray.
- Place your favorite brand of corn dogs in the basket.
- Cook at 375° F for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. For crispier corn dogs, add 1-2 minutes.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Corn Dogs
Fry corn dogs from frozen. Not only is it faster and easier than thawing them first, using corn dogs right from the freezer helps to keep the battered crust intact while keeping the hot dogs juicy and tender.
Don’t overcrowd the basket. Foods air fry best when they are not touching, so only cook as many corn dogs as will comfortably fit in a single layer.
Don’t use too much cooking spray. A gentle spray of nonstick olive oil or other high-heat spray oil is all you need. If the basket gets overly saturated with oil the corn dogs can get overcooked on the outside.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Corn Dogs
Crispy air fried corn dogs are delightful with nearly any of your favorite dipping sauces. If you like it on regular hot dogs, you probably will enjoy the sauce on your corn dog!
Here are a few suggestions to get you going:
- Honey mustard
- Nacho cheese
- Barbecue sauce
- Ranch dressing
If you’re looking to make an easy dinner, here are a few ideas for some sides to make while you have out the air fryer.
- French fries
- Mozzarella sticks
- Onion rings
- Tater tots
- Pizza rolls
Air Fryer Corn Dog FAQS
Q. How long do corn dogs cook in an air fryer?
A. Air fry regular-sized corn dogs for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Mini-sized corn dogs bites will take a little less time. Check for doneness, and cook for another minute or two if needed.
Q. How do you make frozen corn dogs in an air fryer?
A. It’s best to cook corn dogs from frozen in the air fryer. Just place the frozen corn dogs or corn dog nuggets in the air fryer. Cook 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Just like the tasty treats you find at the state fair, air fryer corn dogs are crispy perfection on the outside, with a tender hot dog on the inside. With the steps in this article, you’ll be enjoying a tasty corn dog snack in no time!
You may also enjoy:
– How To Reheat Tamales
– Easy Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
– How To Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders
– How To Cook Frozen Pierogies
– 5 Best Ways To Reheat Pizza
– How To Cook Brats In The Oven
– How To Cook Fresh and Smoked Kielbasa
– How To Cook Frozen Burgers
- Olive oil or your preferred air fryer safe cooking spray
- 4 frozen corn dogs
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place frozen corn dogs in the basket. Make sure they do not touch.
- Cook at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. If needed, add 1-2 more minutes until the corn dogs are crispy and heated through.
Micky Reed, a two-decade veteran in the food and baking industry, leverages her influential Three Snackateers food blog and Instagram presence to collaborate with industry giants like Ben & Jerry's and Crumbl Cookies. Her work has been featured on Delish, PopSugar and more. Her expertise as a product curator for one of the world's largest international snack subscription box companies solidifies her status as a key player in the field.